cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haaris
Level 10

Adding Multiple IPs in webgateway for pushing logs in webreporter

Hi everyone,

I just want to know can we add more than one IP address in webgateway access.log configuration for pushing the logs on more than one webreporter.server

Screenshot attached with reference to above mentioned question

webre.jpg

0 Kudos
9 Replies
McAfee Employee

Re: Adding Multiple IPs in webgateway for pushing logs in webreporter

Hi Haaris,

You cannot configure multiple push targets in MWG.

You could create a redundant log and have MWG push that to the other IP. You could also have Web Reporter push to the other Web Reporter server by configuring "post processing" options. Additionally you could have MWG push to a FTP server, and have both Web Reporter's collect from that FTP server.

Best Regards,

Jon

haaris
Level 10

Dear Jon,

I really appreciate ur knowledge & ur support for giving me different options...

I need further explanation with respect to redundant log & Web reporter push to other webreporter(I can see the option but how can directly we can push the logs from one webreporter server to another).

Kindly explain me a bit more....

0 Kudos
haaris
Level 10

Dear Jon,

One more query can in webgateway we can give the hostname instead of IP for pushing the logs to webreporter???

Also can i give two IPs to that hostname in my DNS server & then try to push the logs to both the server with the help of DNS name

0 Kudos
haaris
Level 10

Dear Jon,

Your suggestions are wonderful....

Kindly reply me with above two queries as it will be very helpful for me to implement accordingly

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Hi Haaris,

I don't quite understand your follow up questions, so I will reiterate my previous response.

Please understand these things:

1. A MWG log can only be configured to be pushed to a single destination (it doesnt matter if it's IP or DNS name).

2. MWG can create multiple logs, each log could be pushed to a separate destination.

3. Web Reporter can collect logs from MWG or an FTP server.

Taking into account all of these items, you can decide how you wish to achieve your goal.

-Knowing #1 and #3, you could have Web Gateway push logs to an FTP server, and both Web Reporter's could collect from that FTP server.

-Knowing #1 and #2, you could create a redundant log on MWG, and have MWG push to separate destinations (WebReporter1 and WebReporter2).

-Knowing #3, you could configure Web Reporter to collect the logs rather than have MWG push them.

Best Regards,

Jon

0 Kudos
haaris
Level 10

Hi Jon,

Thanks!!1

In your previous mail you said that we can have Web Reporter push to the other Web Reporter server by configuring "post processing" options,I have seen that option but I dont know how to directly push the logs from one webreporter server to other webreporter server.

Secondly,I didnt understnd the concept of redundant logs.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Hi Haaris,

Did you review the settings for post processing? They are quite straight forward. You just input the second web reporter server as the target along with a username and password.

Redundant logs would be if you are writting the access.log file, and then you also want to write access2.log.

Best Regards,

Jon

0 Kudos
haaris
Level 10

Dear Jon,

I tried redundant logs option & its working fine...

But from webreporter to wereporter I still have a doubt.Thing is that settings for post processing is straightforward but I tried tht for FTP server which is working fine but if we want to push it to webreporter then how directly can we push the logs to other webreporter application OR do you want to say that we push logs to second webreporer via ftp option in post processing & configure second webreporter to get te logs from itelf.

0 Kudos
haaris
Level 10

Dear Jon,

Please clear my doubt for transferring the logs from one webreporter to another

0 Kudos