cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chvgms
Level 7

AD acc lockout getting locked out on webgateway

All,

I am facing a strange issue for the past 3 days. For some  reason my windows AD acc is getting locked on the wewasher. when i checked the security  logs on the domain controller, it is showing the caller computer  (comouter on which the acc getting locked) is the proxy server that i  use to browse internet. We have mcafee webagteway 7.0, with NTLM  authentication configured for AD authentication. How do i check in  webwasher for the issue? can someone guide me to how to check the logs  on webgateway for the acc lockout?

Thanks,

Sridhar

0 Kudos
4 Replies
asabban
Level 17

Re: AD acc lockout getting locked out on webgateway

Hello,

when doing NTLM for the DC it looks like MWG is the workstation trying to logon. I strongly recommend to disable "locking" the MWG computer account, as otherwise one user can logon with wrong credentials and this may cause authentication failures for other users.

You can add some logging to your authentication and write a log line when someone does not authenticate correctly. You can log the property Authentication.FailureReason.Message along with the IP address of the client to find out who is logging in incorrectly.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
chvgms
Level 7

how do i disable locking the MWG computer acc.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

MWG is not locking the account, it is most likley your workstation, which has a saved password, and the MWG is locking you out by proxy.

Please check your machine to see if you have any "Stored usernames or passwords".

Best,

Jon

0 Kudos
kuldeep.4
Level 7

Getting same issue...... Domain account is getting locked at MWG...

0 Kudos