Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r.varela
Level 7

AD Authentication - McAfee Web Gateway

Jump to solution

hi

I have McAfee Web Gateway 7.6, and I've configured authentication based on documentations. Auth testing works fine, but when I try to access a site based on my groups, I get blocked because Authentication.Groups is empty, which I understand as not being able to retrieve them.

The test:

And the reason why is blocking.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance

Ricardo

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee

Re: AD Authentication - McAfee Web Gateway

Jump to solution

Hi Ricardo,

Based on the screenshots I do not have enough context to help. Can you provide more screenshots of the rules?

It seems like you modifed the authentication rules because "Default Error Template" is the block reason. This is not normally the case for a blocked Authentication request...

Here is the guide I hope you followed:

Best Regards,

Jon

0 Kudos
2 Replies
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Ricardo,

Based on the screenshots I do not have enough context to help. Can you provide more screenshots of the rules?

It seems like you modifed the authentication rules because "Default Error Template" is the block reason. This is not normally the case for a blocked Authentication request...

Here is the guide I hope you followed:

Best Regards,

Jon

0 Kudos
r.varela
Level 7

Jump to solution

hi Jon

After checking with the doc, and based on your comment of modification of the rule, I've deleted it and created again, and now it works. Not sure why though, because after recreating it, it kept the configuration already had.

regards

Ricardo

0 Kudos