Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Madibbo
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 10

web gateway Cloud

i have MacAfee web gateway on the Cloud ,(Epo) once i put my ID on browser as proxy it's give authentication (username, password)  , how to by pass authentication ? i don't AD for integration 

thanks  

9 Replies
Niks
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 10

Re: web gateway Cloud

Hi 

If you don't want to make use of MCP.You can follow the below link 

For WGCS

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Enterprise-Documents/Web-Gateway-Cloud-Service-Configuring-SAML-Auth...

Supported authentication method:- 

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/web-gateway-cloud-service-product-guide/page/GUID-4C3EFE76-4AE4-4206-....

For UCE:- Configure the SAML settings in MVISION Cloud

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/mvision-unified-cloud-edge-secure-web-gateway/page/GUID-672C0DCF-557C...

Was my reply helpful? If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Regards,

Nikhil

Madibbo
Level 7
Message 3 of 10

thanks Engineer for your reply ,  i try this , but it doesn't work , and  still require authentication 

Niks
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 10

What is the port used on the browser settings?

Regards,
Nikhil
Madibbo
Level 7
Message 5 of 10

i am using port 8080 

and i don't have active directory in my environment  ,  i need to using proxy without authentication 

thanks 

Capture.PNG

Madibbo
Level 7
Message 6 of 10

Madibbo
Level 7
Message 7 of 10

thanks for your link , it's useful information , after configuring  MCP it still required username and password on the browser , suppose that i don't AD , and no need for authentication ,  

Niks
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 10

For SAML Authentication:-  You need to use port 8084, Port 8080 is for HTTP proxy

• If McAfee Client Proxy (MCP) is not an option, then SAML is ideal for un-managed clients.
  • Any traffic coming into the Web Gateway Cloud Service over port 8084 is redirected for SAML authentication.

Configuring the Browser When using SAML Authentication:- 

Using a proxy.pac or wpad file is best to redirect traffic to the cloud service. This will allow for exceptions that are required for SAML to work.

For quick testing, you can configure the browser to point to the Web Gateway Cloud Service as a proxy.

Browser Proxy Settings

Configure the browser to point to your specific proxy address (i.e. c111111.saasprotection.com, where 111111 is your customer ID) for SAML Authentication specify proxy port 8084. In the Exceptions we've added our organization domain (tangomark.com), this will allow the browser to communicate directly to the identity provider as configured above.

For MCP:-  Browser Configuration is not needed

The GroupCache Manager in MCP is responsible for checking the connectivity with AD server and updating endpoint's group list which is further used by MCP to form and send X-SWEB-AuthGroups header towards Proxy Server.

If the AD server is not reachable then MCP sends current available groups on the machine. That is, It performs similar process like "whoami /groups" and collects current available groups from machines.

Web Gateway Cloud Service: Deploying and managing McAfee Client Proxy with ePO Cloud

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Enterprise-Documents/Web-Gateway-Cloud-Service-Deploying-and-managin...

Regards,

Nikhil

Madibbo
Level 7
Message 9 of 10

hi
why you are share same link many time , & i show you my problem , i don't have active directory in my environment , it's possible to go internet with authentication ? and share you Scream of my problems
smasnizk
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 10

HI @Madibbo 

there are multiple ways how you can get access to our Cloud Service:

- MCP

- Browser Configuration + SAML

- Browser configuration + IP Authentication

I would highly recommend using MCP and get rid if Browser settings. Even if IP Range Authentication is possible it have some limitations you have to take in you consideration. To receive help it would be highly appreciated to know what exactly you've tried(step-by-step)?

Best Regards,
Sergej

If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community