Did you mean: 
Asogan
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

MCP Gateway cloud services

Jump to solution

Hi All,

After installation of the MCP and the policy uploaded. I receive the error message when i browse google or any other websites.

Can anyone provide solution?

I have attached the error message

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Niks
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Re: MCP Gateway cloud services

Jump to solution

Hi @Asogan 

The Global Routing Manager (GRM) routes user traffic based on the country in which their DNS server resides.

Example: A client with offices worldwide might have an office in Argentina, but the DNS server used by this office is in Sweden. The users in Argentina would be routed to a Web Gateway Cloud Service European data center because of the DNS server's location in Sweden.

More info :- 

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB87910

Regards,

Nikhil

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Niks
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @Asogan ,

This is because the browser doesn't have the certificate.  Think HTTPS Scanning policy is enabled.

If you try to browse the HTTP site you will not see such an issue.

Browser Requirements and Behavior

When a browser makes a request for an HTTPS site, the browser expects that a web server certificate be provided in the response from the web server. Among some other things, the browser expects the following of the web server certificate:

A.The ‘Common Name’ of the certificate presented matches the name typed in the browser address bar
B.The web server certificate is signed by a Certificate Authority the browser trusts

If the UCE needs to send something to the client (who made an HTTPS request), it MUST sent a certificate, and the browser must trust that certificate (meeting requirements A and B above)

Login to UCE 

1. Go to Policy > Web Policy > Policy.

2. In the Policy Tree, select HTTPS Scanning 

3. HTTPS Connection Options-->HTTPS Connection feature is in use. What does this do?

4.  Click on CUstomer CA to export the certificate used by the browser

5. On Certificate Authority you will find an option (3 dot) to export the certificate.

6. Import this certificate and then check.

Was my reply helpful? If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query! 

If you need assistance please create a new Service request

Regards,

Nikhil

Asogan
Level 8
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi Niks,

Thank you for your reply. Yes it works. Thank you.

I have one issue. When i browser google.com, it directs to google.com for korea.

Im based in Malaysia.

Can advice. I have attached the screenshot

thank you

Niks
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @Asogan 

The Global Routing Manager (GRM) routes user traffic based on the country in which their DNS server resides.

Example: A client with offices worldwide might have an office in Argentina, but the DNS server used by this office is in Sweden. The users in Argentina would be routed to a Web Gateway Cloud Service European data center because of the DNS server's location in Sweden.

More info :- 

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB87910

Regards,

Nikhil

View solution in original post

Asogan
Level 8
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Great. It's working.

Thank you for the explanation. Appreciate it.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community