Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Configure policy into system via ePO

Hi, I need your advice.

Currently I tried McAfee WGCS, to block my laptop access to a certain URL. e.g URL: www.12345.com but my laptop still can access to www.12345.com.

"I already instal agent, client proxy, endpoint security platform & endpoint web control in my laptop"

for the steps i have been applied:
1. in Policy Catalog page, select Endpoint Security Web Control as the product, then select Block and Allow List as the category. save (in here I block www.12345.com)
2. in System Tree page, click system and choose "my laptop", click agent and set policy & inheritance

3. Then I assign my laptop with block and allow list I created in step 1.

Is there any step I miss? thank you

3 Replies
smasnizk
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: Configure policy into system via ePO

Dear @Former Member 

this is unfortunately not how MWGC suppose to work. If you want to deploy MCP Policy from your Local EPO you have either to configure MCP policy in the cloud first or recreate the same in your Local EPO. Alternatively export and import the same to your Local EPO. Than deploy or directly install Agent and deploy policy form Cloud. The filtering itself is only done by our WGCS services when client Traffic is sent to get filtered to WGCS.

- First step should be it identify with "MCP About" if your traffic redirected towards WGCS or not. 

- Second step is configuring Web Policy in Cloud EPO for filtering you  plan to do

P.S.: you can also whitelist or block certain URL directly in your MCP policy bit this is used for some special situations where bypass or dedicated block is required. The rest should be done by your Web Policy. 

Best Regards,
Sergej

If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 4

Hi @smasnizk 

I understood that MCP about, based on explanation, it used for endpoint(my laptop) traffic redirect to WGCS. It means before I apply block & allow list URL, I need to create MCP policy first and apply enforce to my endpoint. is not it?

Fyi, why I still can block certain URL even though I do not apply MCP policy to my endpoint?

Block certain URL is succeeded in normal tab browser (see figure 2) but while I open incognito/ private windows, block certain URL cannot block the traffic of my endpoint (figure 1).

- Is it SSL certificate cannot be applied in mzila firefox?
- then, it not available for the extension web control in mzila firefox? I read it based on this link https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB92605 

- it means we cannot control the corporate endpoint traffic if using mzila firefox?

thanks

smasnizk
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Dear @Former Member 

the main question was about "I tried McAfee WGCS, to block my laptop access to a certain URL.". if you refer to MGCS you have to use MCP. This redirect traffic to our Cloud Proxy without to care about your browser or application you use. If you have ENS related Question to manage your Client policy I would suggesting to create new Post under ENS: 

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Endpoint-Security-ENS/bd-p/endpoint-security

If you have questions for MCP or our Cloud Infrastructure let me know.,

Best Regards,
Sergej

If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community