Hi, I need your advice.
"I already instal agent, client proxy, endpoint security platform & endpoint web control in my laptop"
for the steps i have been applied:
1. in Policy Catalog page, select Endpoint Security Web Control as the product, then select Block and Allow List as the category. save (in here I block www.12345.com)
2. in System Tree page, click system and choose "my laptop", click agent and set policy & inheritance
3. Then I assign my laptop with block and allow list I created in step 1.
Is there any step I miss? thank you
this is unfortunately not how MWGC suppose to work. If you want to deploy MCP Policy from your Local EPO you have either to configure MCP policy in the cloud first or recreate the same in your Local EPO. Alternatively export and import the same to your Local EPO. Than deploy or directly install Agent and deploy policy form Cloud. The filtering itself is only done by our WGCS services when client Traffic is sent to get filtered to WGCS.
- First step should be it identify with "MCP About" if your traffic redirected towards WGCS or not.
- Second step is configuring Web Policy in Cloud EPO for filtering you plan to do
P.S.: you can also whitelist or block certain URL directly in your MCP policy bit this is used for some special situations where bypass or dedicated block is required. The rest should be done by your Web Policy.
I understood that MCP about, based on explanation, it used for endpoint(my laptop) traffic redirect to WGCS. It means before I apply block & allow list URL, I need to create MCP policy first and apply enforce to my endpoint. is not it?
Fyi, why I still can block certain URL even though I do not apply MCP policy to my endpoint?
Block certain URL is succeeded in normal tab browser (see figure 2) but while I open incognito/ private windows, block certain URL cannot block the traffic of my endpoint (figure 1).
- Is it SSL certificate cannot be applied in mzila firefox?
- then, it not available for the extension web control in mzila firefox? I read it based on this link https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB92605
- it means we cannot control the corporate endpoint traffic if using mzila firefox?
the main question was about "I tried McAfee WGCS, to block my laptop access to a certain URL.". if you refer to MGCS you have to use MCP. This redirect traffic to our Cloud Proxy without to care about your browser or application you use. If you have ENS related Question to manage your Client policy I would suggesting to create new Post under ENS:
If you have questions for MCP or our Cloud Infrastructure let me know.,