Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Can I Host a PAC file in Web Gateway Cloud Service (WGCS)?

Jump to solution

This question has been asked of me several times. The answer is yes if you manage your WGCS policy with MWG. I thought I'd post it as a question. And then a reply with the solution.

Tags (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 2

Re: Can I Host a PAC file in Web Gateway Cloud Service (WGCS)?

Jump to solution

If you manage WGCS policy with MWG you can use the attached ruleset. The ruleset looks like this:

WGCSHostPAC.JPG

The pacfile can then be accessed using the URL http://c<customerid>.saasprotection.com/proxy.pac, or any of the URLs listed in the PAC file URLs list, if the client is coming from an IP configured in WGCS IP Range Authentication under Web Protection > Authentication Settings and the hostname in the URL resolves to a WGCS address. The PAC file is contained in the User Defined variable User-Defined.proxy.pac. The set property value in the first rule can be modified to include any desired content.  Criteria can be used to deliver different pac files based on source IP or other relevant criteria.

1 Reply
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 2

Re: Can I Host a PAC file in Web Gateway Cloud Service (WGCS)?

Jump to solution

If you manage WGCS policy with MWG you can use the attached ruleset. The ruleset looks like this:

WGCSHostPAC.JPG

The pacfile can then be accessed using the URL http://c<customerid>.saasprotection.com/proxy.pac, or any of the URLs listed in the PAC file URLs list, if the client is coming from an IP configured in WGCS IP Range Authentication under Web Protection > Authentication Settings and the hostname in the URL resolves to a WGCS address. The PAC file is contained in the User Defined variable User-Defined.proxy.pac. The set property value in the first rule can be modified to include any desired content.  Criteria can be used to deliver different pac files based on source IP or other relevant criteria.