cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
millsapsct
Level 7

Vulnerability Manager 6.8 upgrade, Firewall Wizard hangs and will not load on FS1000

Any assistance would be helpful, tried starting and stopping services, rebooting appliance (FS1000).

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jhaynes
Level 12

Re: Vulnerability Manager 6.8 upgrade, Firewall Wizard hangs and will not load on FS1000

The Firewall Wizard is considered part of the appliance accessory kit which is refreshed if needed once a product is released. It turns out that the Firewall Wizard needs to be updated to reflect the change from use MD5 to SHA-1. This has not happened yet but there should be a release soon to replace that utility. In the meantime you can turn off the Foundstone Notification Service and then run the Firewall Wizard and it should work just fine for you.

I'll reply back to this thread when I have an ETA on the replacement utility.

Jeff Haynes

0 Kudos
jhaynes
Level 12

Re: Vulnerability Manager 6.8 upgrade, Firewall Wizard hangs and will not load on FS1000

It turns out the new Firewall Wizard was being uploaded to our download site as I was answering your quesiton. You can download it using your grant number from this location.

https://secure.nai.com/apps/downloads/my_products/login.asp?region=us&segment=enterprise

Jeff Haynes

0 Kudos
millsapsct
Level 7

Do I have to run the new Hardening Wizard just to correct this?  This is resetting the Enterprise Managers password etc, and other items as well.. Our other FS1000 that was updated seems fine, no issues with that firewall wizard.

0 Kudos
jhaynes
Level 12

Hmmm....You used an odd choice of words in your last post. Originally we were talking about the Firewall Wizard and in your last post you said Hardening Wizard. We do have a Hardening tool that will not have to be run. The Firewall Wizard is really just a tool that asks a few questions and the opens up the IPSEC filters to change which ports you have open. You can do the same thing by typing SECPOL at the run command and going to the right section.

As far as why the Firewall Wizard worked on one device and not anouther I'm not a 100% positive. My guess is that on the device it worked on the Notification service wasn't installed or enabled. There might also be a difference between and upgade and a fesh install.

Jeff

millsapsct wrote:

Do I have to run the new Hardening Wizard just to correct this?  This is resetting the Enterprise Managers password etc, and other items as well.. Our other FS1000 that was updated seems fine, no issues with that firewall wizard.

0 Kudos