cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Vuln set Question: Microsoft Non-Superseded Patches vs Microsoft Office Non-Superseded Patches

Jump to solution

I've noticed a new vuln set to help filter out superseded and had two questions:

1. Is the _McAfee_ Microsoft Non-Superseded Patches vuln set all encompassing and also include all checks in the _McAfee_ Microsoft Office Non-Superseded Patches vuln set?
  2. How could we go about creating one report with everything except anything contained in the _McAfee_ Microsoft Non-Superseded Patches vuln set?

Update: To create this report, which I should mention applies to csv output, I created a sql query to list enabled checks by vuln set name. I outputted the Check IDs for the Microsoft  non superseded vuln set. I then did a compare in my vulnerabilities.csv to the superseded list for all items with vuln name containing MS_ _-  .

If the MVID is not in the non superseded list, record as potential false positive.

Message was edited by: john.m.sopp on 11/1/11 4:12:54 PM EDT
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 2

Re: Vuln set Question: Microsoft Non-Superseded Patches vs Microsoft Office Non-Superseded Patches

Jump to solution

Hi John,

Looks like you may have answered your own questions?

1)  = YES, it has everything Non-Superseded including the Microsoft Office Non-Superseded patches.

2)  This is a tough one, and it looks like you're getting around it w/ your own SQL queries?  I think with an Asset Report you can accomlish the opposite by using the same Vuln Set in the Vulnerabilities / Select Vulnerabilities Sections Tab.  But from what you said it looks like you want to filter those OUT?

-Cathy

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 2

Re: Vuln set Question: Microsoft Non-Superseded Patches vs Microsoft Office Non-Superseded Patches

Jump to solution

Hi John,

Looks like you may have answered your own questions?

1)  = YES, it has everything Non-Superseded including the Microsoft Office Non-Superseded patches.

2)  This is a tough one, and it looks like you're getting around it w/ your own SQL queries?  I think with an Asset Report you can accomlish the opposite by using the same Vuln Set in the Vulnerabilities / Select Vulnerabilities Sections Tab.  But from what you said it looks like you want to filter those OUT?

-Cathy

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community