cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
epo909
Level 9

Verification Function and the correct Scan Engine

Hi all,

My MVM setup has multiple scan engines. While testing the Verify funtion, on the remediation module, I have noticed that the verification is not tested on the correct scan engine.

Why ins't the verification function using the same scan engine that's configured in the scan task (that discovered the vulnerability in the first time)?

Thanks in advance,

RD

0 Kudos
6 Replies
jhaynes
Level 12

Re: Verification Function and the correct Scan Engine

What version and patch level is your MVM environment?  That is not how its supposed to work so I'd open a case up to so we can take a look. This might be a bug.

Jeff Haynes

0 Kudos
epo909
Level 9

Hi Jeffrey.

This is version 6.8.3.

However I already know what is happening. The remediation tickets where created with a scan engine that is no longer in production. So my guess is that the verification function is bound to a scan id that no longer exists.

I will close all tickets and run the scan again, in order to re-create the tickets again.

Hopefully I just have a few hundred tickets, but people with thousands may find this inconvenient. It would be great to be able to change the assigned engine for each ticket.

Thanks

RD

0 Kudos
jhaynes
Level 12

Yes that makes sense. I'll submit and FMR so that orphaned tickets can be assigned to an Auto Select engine which should be able to reach all targets.

Jeff Haynes

0 Kudos
epo909
Level 9

Jeffrey,

In my opinion the admin should have the option to choose/assign the new scan engine of a given ticket.

In setups with multiple scan engines it may be complex to figure out what scan engine will be choosen.

RD

Message was edited by: epo909 on 7/9/10 12:37:38 PM CDT
0 Kudos
jhaynes
Level 12

Noted and I'll make mention of your suggestion. Feel free to submit your own FMR also on this as PM looks at customer submitted FMR's very closely.

Jeff Haynes

0 Kudos
dcundiff
Level 9

@epo909  If you would like to open your own FMR I would recommend going to http://www.openfoundstone.com/  This website has a listing of items on the left hand side.  One of the options is to submit a feature request, Once you fill out the form with your information, and a very detailed request of what you would like to see improve the product, you will receive a notification on the creation of the FMR as well as updates as it is addressed.

Dave

0 Kudos