Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Unable to Upgrade Database Component 6.5 to 6.8

Foundstone database component does not pass the upgrade/install self-test. All other components are on an application server while the dB is on a SQL box. We've placed the upgrade/install on the SQL box, run the agent, select Database only, and run it. It perofrms some tasks then a pop-up box appears saying TCP/IP connectivity error and upgrade/install halts. Current version (6.5) scan engine and db work fine. Any ideas? What specifically is this self-check looking for? If we knew that, we might be able to address it on the SQL box.

FS Error.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 13

Re: Unable to Upgrade Database Component 6.5 to 6.8

Are you using the default DB instance?  If not you may need to specify it to the installer by following this KB:

or is this SQL Express?  These are the requirements for using SQL Express (in the install guide):

Enabling TCP/IP

By default, TCP/IP is disabled in Microsoft SQL Express 2005. TCP/IP must be

enabled for Foundstone to function properly.

Open the SQL Server 2005 Surface Area Configuration wizard

Start | All Programs | Microsoft SQL Server 2005 | Configuration

Tools | SQL Server 2005 Surface Area Configuration

Select Surface Area Configuration for Services and Connections.

Select Remote Connections under Database Engine.

Select Local and remote connections and select a TCP/IP option.

Select OK to save the settings.

Restart the Database Engine service for the change to take affect.

I hope that helps.

0 Kudos
Level 7

We followed the points/information in the linked KB article without success. The SQL Express information does not apply as we're not using it.

Any other thoughts?

0 Kudos
Level 12

Off the top of my head I don't have any other suggestions. I would open up a service request so we can take a better look at your system. This isn't an issue that we have seen before.

Jeff Haynes

0 Kudos