cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The connection to the McAfee Vulnerability Manager API Service could not be made. Contact your administrator???

Olá amigos.

Acabo de me deparar com um problema que não havia encontrado antes.

Ao instalar do zero o MVM 7.5 quando vou me logar via browser, me deparo com a mensagem "The connection to the McAfee Vulnerability Manager API Service could not be made. Contact your administrator."

Ao verificar o FCM console, o Scan Engine está parado e não consigo iniciá-lo.

Alguém já se deparou com esse problema antes?

Conto com vocês!

Abraço!

2 Replies
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: The connection to the McAfee Vulnerability Manager API Service could not be made. Contact your administrator???

I apologize, I don't speak Spanish. I ran across this exact issue 2 weeks ago. I found that the ONLY solution is to wipe the OS, and reinstall the OS and MVM. Once I did the rebuild API service was working as intended.

Re: The connection to the McAfee Vulnerability Manager API Service could not be made. Contact your administrator???

Hi,

He was speaking Portugese, not Spanish. FWIW, Google translated his message thus:

(verbatim)

====================

Hello friends.

I have just come across to me with a problem I had not met before.

When installing from scratch the MVM 7.5 when I log me via browser , I am faced with the message "The connection to the McAfee Vulnerability Manager API Service could not be made ​​. Contact your administrator . "

When checking the FCM console, the Scan Engine is stopped and can not start it .

Has anyone encountered this problem before?

I'm counting on you!

Hug!

====================

The main thing I got from that is that he had just installed from scratch, making the recommended action redundant. That said, a complete OS and application is a shotgun/sledgehammer approach, and not practical except as a last resort in the Real World.

I am writing, because I too am having this issue. I have checked through the Foundstone Configuration Manager, the registry, and anything else I could think of, and everything looks good...

Unlike Lucas, all of my services are running .

I tried the following KB, to no avail:

McAfee KnowledgeBase - The connection to the McAfee Vulnerability Manager API Service could not be m...

Thank you!

Salutations,

-Paul

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community