cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmease729
Level 11

Splitting out management and reporting

Hi,

Quick sanity check if somebody could confirm!  I need to split out management and reporting using MVM, and as far as I can recall (although I cannot seem to find anything related to this at present) workgroups are used for splitting administrative duties, and organisations are used to split reporting, so essentially if you have 'Org1' and 'Org2' you will never have the data in Org1 used in Org2 reports and vice versa.  Following on from that, I just need to confim if we can share a scan engine between organisations - it seems to be allowed in the Org properties configuration but just thought I would check!

Any feedback and pointers to documentation or KB on this would be greatly greatly appreciated!

cheers,

0 Kudos
2 Replies
john.m.sopp
Level 11

Re: Splitting out management and reporting

yes, you can share a scan engine between organizations.

It's in the org properties-you can select which engines you want to use for the particular org whose properties you are editing.

0 Kudos
dmease729
Level 11

Re: Splitting out management and reporting

Cheers John,

I was aware of the properties but just wanted to confirm.  I never take it for granted that just because the selection option is there it is actually a valid/allowed configuration.  McAfee arent the only vendors who have done things like that before :-)   thanks for the feedback!

0 Kudos