Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brentil
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Planned MS-SQL 2008 R2 support?

I was curious as to the estimated support timeframe for MS-SQL 2008 R2 with Vulnerability Manager?  We've already migrated all of our MS-SQL systems to 2008 R2 and we do not have licenses for 2005 or 2008 (only 2000 which we just migrated away from).  I saw that MS-SQL 2008 Express can be used but our group is larger than one class C which that is only recomended for.

Are there any issues with it working with 2008 R2 or is this just a "it hasn't been validated" so we do not support it?  So in otherwords can I install it against a 2008 Express server and then move the DB to a 2008 R2 server or will that result in issues?

1 Reply
brentil
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Planned MS-SQL 2008 R2 support?

I forgot we get downgrade rights with our MS SQL licenses so we've decided to setup a single MS-SQL 2008 machine in our new shiny sea of MS-SQL 2008 R2 systems until it's finally supported.  Which is frustrating because we have ePO, Policy Auditor, & Risk Advisor all in 2008 R2...

McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.