cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Mcafee WebApp Scanning Module - Licence tracking

Hello ,  I want to know on How Licencing for Mcafee WebApp Scanning works .If I have a licence for 5 Application than how do MVM  will keep track of licence usage . By Scan Name or by Application fingerprint  or any other way .

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Mcafee WebApp Scanning Module - Licence tracking

WAAM is licensed per web app. The definition of a web app is a specific URL on a specific IP on a specific port/port pair (80 and443 for example) - every unique URL Scanned will account for a license.

Highlighted

Thanks Cathy .Is it possible for me to Re-use the licence .Like Scan an application on demand ,get the report  and than remove the scan . The logic behind this is that I don't want to scan an app. on regular basis .I want to scan it once while being developed or about to be released .

Highlighted
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Hi subhani,

Theoretically you should be able to delete the scan configuration, the Asset , any tickets etc, and then be able to *re-use* the license. I've not tested it myself.

I hope that helps!
Cathy

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community