cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaM97
Level 7

MVM3000 vs 6.7

Hi all

Are the MVM3000 appliances fully compatible with the FS/MVM version 6.7? can they be used the same way as FS-850 appliances? differences?

Thank you

Regards

Martin

0 Kudos
11 Replies
brobison
Level 9

Re: MVM3000 vs 6.7

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your question.

Yes! The MVM3000 supports MVM 6.7 as well as the role of a dedicated scanning engine like the discontinued FS850.

In fact, the MVM3000 introduces an all new way of deploying McAfee Vulnerability Manager and its different components. The MVM3000 comes with a software configuration DVD that includes all of the currently supported versions of MVM as well as the enterprise class database. This allows you to deploy the MVM3000 appliance with any supported version of the software as well as into any role you see fit for the device. It's a very powerful, datacenter ready appliance with dual power supplies, out of band management, and RAID. It's just as capable of being deployed as a dedicated scanning engine, or as a high end MVM database server.

You're free to choose!

0 Kudos
bindu
Level 7

Hi Brian,

What version of Foundstone comes on the new appliances? What version is shipped on the restore disks with the systems? (6.5, 6.7 or 6.8)

Thanks

Bin

0 Kudos
jhaynes
Level 12

The current shipping MVM 3000 will have 6.0, 6.5, and 6.7 but will be refreshed soon to reflect 6.0 being EOL and our latest release, 6.8.

0 Kudos
bindu
Level 7

How can it have all three versions? It comes with one on it. Which one is it?

Thanks

Bin

0 Kudos
jhaynes
Level 12

Hi Bin,

When the MVM3000 arrives it has a hardened version of the OS and supporting software. MVM (Foundstone) is not installed at that point. In the shipping package though there are 2 disks and one of those will have the current and previous two versions of MVM on it. During the initial MVM3000 configuration you will be prompted to choose which version of MVM you want to install.

I've attached the MVM3000 Quick Start Guide to this post for you to review.

Jeff Haynes

bindu wrote:

How can it have all three versions? It comes with one on it. Which one is it?

Thanks

Bin

0 Kudos
bindu
Level 7

Thanks Jeffrey for your answers.

Could you please let me know end of support or end of life date for IWill-based FS1000s appliance?

Dell-based FS1000s appliance?

I know FS1000 and FS850 is end of sale Q3 2009.

Just want to know end of sale, end of support, end of life policies of McAfee appliances.

Thanks

Bin

0 Kudos
jhaynes
Level 12

Hi Bin,

Most of our EOL information is accessible from the McAfee website  on the McAfee Product and Technology Support Lifecycle page. There is also an appliance tab for you to reference. The only product I don't see listed is the IWILL hardware which went EOL a few years ago.

bindu wrote:

Thanks Jeffrey for your answers.

Could you please let me know end of support or end of life date for IWill-based FS1000s appliance?

Dell-based FS1000s appliance?

I know FS1000 and FS850 is end of sale Q3 2009.

Just want to know end of sale, end of support, end of life policies of McAfee appliances.

Thanks

Bin

0 Kudos
bindu
Level 7

Thanks Jeffrey for your reply.

Please advise me whether 6.7 version can be running on DELL-based FS1000 appliance?

Bin

0 Kudos
jhaynes
Level 12

Hi Bin,

The FS1000 shipped on both the Dell 1850 and 1950 platforms. Both of those platforms fully support MVM 6.7.

Jeff

bindu wrote:

Thanks Jeffrey for your reply.

Please advise me whether 6.7 version can be running on DELL-based FS1000 appliance?

Bin

0 Kudos