Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ed87
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

MVM Upgrade

I'm running MVM 7.0 on Windows Server 2003.  What is the latest version that I can update to?  The 7.5 install complained when I tried to run it.

5 Replies

Re: MVM Upgrade

cgrim
Level 13
Message 3 of 6

Hi ed,

Is your server an appliance or your own hardware?   MVM Version 7.5 requires Windows 2008 R2, please refer to the Install Guide for System Requirements.

-Cathy

ed87
Level 7
Message 4 of 6

It is an FS1000 appliance.

cgrim
Level 13
Message 5 of 6

Hi Ed,

In that case there isn't any Upgrade kit to bring that system to Windows 2008R2.

MVM requires Win2K8R2 for the main components (DB, Enterprise Manager, API Server, etc.).  We have limited support for the Scan Engine <> Scan Controller on Windows 2003.  Most customers are getting a new MVM3100 Appliance for the main components, and you can continue to use the FS1000 as a ScanEngine until it goes End of Life.

I hope that helps!
Cathy

ed87
Level 7
Message 6 of 6

Last year, when I was at 6.7, I was forced to purchase a new SQL license to upgrade to 7.0.  Now I need to purchase a new appliance/OS to upgrade to 7.5?  This is an appliance.  The software inside of it is suppposed to be handled by McAfee through our maintenance contracts.  McAfee is ruining this product by providing minimal updates and forcing customers to constantly pay for DB and OS upgrades.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community