Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwebster
Level 8

Just installed MVM7.0, Having IIS issues

Jump to solution

Hi,

I just installed MVM 7.0 and when I click on the Enterprise Manager icon, I get server error 404 - file or directory not found.

Windows 2008 Sp2 and SQL2008 Sp1:

1) installed IIS 6 completely  then rebooted

2) installed SQL 2008 then rebooted

3) installed SQL 2008 SP1 then rebooted

4) ran MS update  then rebooted

5) installed MVM7.0  then rebooted

6) verified IIS, SQL and Foundstone service are all running

I then wanted to run a basic scan to make sure it was all installed correctly and running.

Well it's installed and the services are running, but when I click the desktop icon 'Enterprise Manager' I get the 404 error.

I suspect the issue is with IIS, but I'm no IIS expert and really need to get this operational.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers,

James Webster

mvm70_IE_error_pic1.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jwebster
Level 8

Jump to solution

I figured it out, and it was IIS. It needed a little more than the default allow settings.

Pic Attached...

Cheers,

James

mvm70_IE_error_pic3.jpg

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jhaynes
Level 12

Jump to solution

Do you have two drives like say a C and a D drive. If IIS is on the D drive check the secrity permissions of the D drive and make sure there isn't a deny eveyrone in there. If there is remove it and try again.

Jeff Haynes

0 Kudos
jwebster
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi,

It is all on the C: drive, the OS, the Inetpub and the Foundstone. I see in IIS mgr that the default site is the c:\program files\foundstone\portal , but When I double click the icon on the desktop to get MVM started I get the 404 error. When I type in the localhost I get the following message. It looks like IIS is possibly missing stuff or some extentions may not be enabled.

What do you think?? And thanks...

Jamesmvm70_IE_error_pic2.jpg

0 Kudos
jwebster
Level 8

Jump to solution

I figured it out, and it was IIS. It needed a little more than the default allow settings.

Pic Attached...

Cheers,

James

mvm70_IE_error_pic3.jpg

0 Kudos
dcundiff
Level 9

Jump to solution

James,

Just a couple of items to be further aware of.  When IIS is installed on 2008 by default there are a couple of options that are not installed, but are required for MVM to work properly.  I would suggest verifying the FastCGI and the ASP services are installed in IIS as well.  You would do that through the server management snap in.

Dave

0 Kudos
jwebster
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks Dave. I looked and see ASP and CGI are installed, but don't see Fast CGI...

Am I good to go or does it require a little more : -)

Best Regards,

James

mvm70_IIS_pic1.jpg

0 Kudos