cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
subhani
Level 7

Integration with Active Directory

Hi ,I have a quick question .I was not able to find any answer in Knowledgebase .As you know that we create different User accounts in foundstone and provide them different acces. Is it possible to integrate the users with Active Directory i.e Our domain users can use their Domain User names and Passwords to login to foundstone .Plz. also refer to me a KB Article link so that I can quote it .

0 Kudos
4 Replies
cgrim
Level 13

Re: Integration with Active Directory

hi  Shahzad,

There is a KB Article, that needs to be updated to reference current versions, it's here:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB55032

The concepts still apply.  You will need to use an Authentication service such as Microsoft IAS, Radius.  Each user will still need to have a Foundstone Account that matches the AD user ID one-to-one.

0 Kudos
subhani
Level 7

YOu are right .I saw this KB article yesterday but it is so old as it refers to 4.1 and 4.2 whereas we have now 6.8 .Can you escalate this internally to update the KB Article .

0 Kudos
cgrim
Level 13

Hi Shahzad,

It's been updated, and should be published soon.

Please note for version 6.7+ the steps are different.  The registry needs to be updated on the system where the API Server is running, and the API service restarted vs. the Engine.

-Cathy

0 Kudos
subhani
Level 7

Hi Cathy , I just did a search and was not able to find the updated document .will you be kind enought to publish the link here once it is updated .

0 Kudos