cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Help needed with Error Code 3001 - SSH Credentials

Hello all,

I have been having significant issues with scanners not being able to connect to certain end clients running Windows Operating Systems.  I use Active Directory credentials when connecting to windows machines with the proper permissions.  For a surprisingly high number of machines, I receive Error Code 3001 Logon Failed; deselcting credentialed checks for this host.  I am not using certificate authentication - just AD username/password and the password is configured to expire.  This user/pass credential set works for the rest of the machines in my environment, just not these hosts.  Has anyone encountered this issue and have had any luck in fixing it?

Here is a sample output from the CSV report:

IP Address

DNS Name

NetBios Name

Asset Label

Asset Criticality

Operating System

Asset Owner

SSHv2 Certificate

SSHv2 Credential

SSHv1

Telnet

WMI Accessible

Remote Registry

Remote File System Access

Null Session

Administrator Authentication

Error Code

Error Description

-removed--removed-100358180Windows 7  (Service Pack 1, [++])
NoNoNoNoNo3001Logon failed; deselecting credentialed  checks for this host.

Thanks!

Message was edited by: chorton on 3/7/14 2:31:15 PM CST

Message was edited by: chorton on 3/7/14 2:36:49 PM CST

Message was edited by: chorton on 3/7/14 2:37:22 PM CST
1 Reply

Re: Help needed with Error Code 3001 - SSH Credentials

Good question; I have seen this issue also.

My experience is a bit different, though. I see in the authenticated_hosts.csv that MVM attempts both SSHv2 Certificate and access via the five Windows methods that you show.

Here is an example. (host id edited)

IP AddressDNS  NameNetBios NameAsset  LabelAsset  CriticalityOperating SystemAsset  OwnerSSHv2  CertificateSSHv2  CredentialSSHv1TelnetWMI AccessibleRemote RegistryRemote File System AccessNull SessionAdministrator AuthenticationError  CodeError  Description
1.2.3.4anyhost.comanyhost100160583Windows Server 2008 (Service Pack 2, Server, SQL Server, [++])usernoAccess

3001Connection failed: ERROR (0x8007274d) : No connection could be made  because the target machine actively refused it.
1.2.3.4anyhost.comanyhost100160583Windows Server 2008 (Service Pack 2, Server, SQL Server, [++])user

NoYesYesNoYes0

Message was edited by: hendersonmc on 4/28/14 9:43:42 AM CDT

Message was edited by: hendersonmc on 4/28/14 11:31:10 AM CDT
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community