cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO SCAN A DATABASE

Jump to solution

Hi everybody,

I need some general instructions for scanning a database with vulnerability manager 7.0. The database can be sql, or oracle. Please, can you give me some sugestions. Thanks.

Regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jhaynes
Level 12

Re: HOW TO SCAN A DATABASE

Jump to solution

Other than the few database checks we have in MVM there really isn't  much to this. The checks aren't credentialed so just put in the IP, select the check and launch the scan. A much more robust scan would be to use the MVM For Databases product. Even though the product shares the MVM name its really a totally separate piece of software though.

Jeff Haynes

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jhaynes
Level 12

Jump to solution

Other than the few database checks we have in MVM there really isn't  much to this. The checks aren't credentialed so just put in the IP, select the check and launch the scan. A much more robust scan would be to use the MVM For Databases product. Even though the product shares the MVM name its really a totally separate piece of software though.

Jeff Haynes

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am installing Vulnerability Manager for Databases and I would like to know if you can integrate this product with Vulnerability Manager 7.0, and/or can I install it on the MVM 3100 appliance. Thanks.

Regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos