cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manudbc
Level 7

Foundstone 6.8 MVM 3100 problems with OS Fingerprint

Hello,

I just finish the Foundstone 6.8 in a client. the clien wont to change the fingerprint name discover by the foundstone by other names, becouse the fingerprint Os is not the real. I read in the Foundtone help that Itś possible do that in Foundstone configuration Manager -> tools -> Manage OS Fingerprint. But the problems is that there are not any informtaion in these frame, the frame is empty.

How can I solve it?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jhaynes
Level 12

Re: Foundstone 6.8 MVM 3100 problems with OS Fingerprint

The best thing for you to do is to open up a support case. You don't need to use the settings in the FCM as those are for custom prints and are seldom used. Once you have a support case opened they will guide you through submitting a new OS Print and we will get it added to fingerprint file. Once we have the data we need the turn around time on this is less than a week.

Jeff Haynes

0 Kudos
manudbc
Level 7

It's possible edit the database and change the fingerprints data manually, or for example redefine the name of any OS. like remane linux kernel 2.6 to ubuntu server or something like that.

0 Kudos
jhaynes
Level 12

Well its possible but not recommended. We have a solution for OS Misidentifications and its to open a support case, submit an OSPrint using scan machine and wait one week for it to be pushed out to all customers.

Jeff Haynes

0 Kudos
argyris
Level 7

Hello Jeff,

And how you open a support case?

How do you submit an OSPrint?

I am asking because I have quite a few OS misidentifications when I scan Solaris machines...They appear on my scan report as Windows...

Thank you

0 Kudos
jhaynes
Level 12

Here is how you can open a Support Ticket:

For contact details:

-  Go to: http://www.mcafee.com/us/about/contact/index.html
-  Non-US customers - select your country from the list of Worldwide Offices.

Alternatively:

-  If you are a registered user, type your User Id and Password and click OK.
-  If you are not a registered user, click New User and complete the required fields. Your password and login instructions will be emailed to you.

Jeff Haynes

0 Kudos