cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fetch data manually from Foundstone

hi

is there any API support to connect to foundstone and extract customized data.

or

is there any way to use Python with Foundstone database

please help me

thanks

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Fetch data manually from Foundstone

Hello,

There are numerous libraries you can use with Python for connecting to an MSSQL DB instance.  If you have credentials to access to the database server where the Foundstone database resides then you should have no problem developing SQL queries to obtain customized data and building reports.  We use SQL server management studio for query development then use something simple such as VBA within Excel as a front-end application for running reports - I personally find this much easier then generating reports from the Foundstone WebUI.  If you're set on Python I would first look at the Python ODBC library for handling your connections to the database.  Also, if you're looking to build custom SQL queries you will likely need the Foundstone database schema which requires signing a NDA - something you should speak to your sales rep about.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community