Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McBru
Level 7

Credential set to address multiple domains

Jump to solution

Hello,

I would like to know if one scan could address hosts in multiple Active Directory domains with one single credential set.

If, for one scan, I have targets in two AD domains, domain A and domain B, and if in the credential set I have set up one admin account for domain A, and one admin account for domain B, will that be okay ? During the vulnerability assessment of a host, will MVM choose the right account depending on the domain of each targeted host ?

Kind regards,

McBru.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jhaynes
Level 12

Jump to solution

As long the domain name can be pulled from the banner on port 137 this will work just fine. Basically the scan will compare the domain name found in the banner grabbed from port 137 and compare it to the credentials in the credential sent. If there is a match that credential will be used. If there isn't a match each credential will be tried to find one that works.

Jeff Haynes

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jhaynes
Level 12

Jump to solution

As long the domain name can be pulled from the banner on port 137 this will work just fine. Basically the scan will compare the domain name found in the banner grabbed from port 137 and compare it to the credentials in the credential sent. If there is a match that credential will be used. If there isn't a match each credential will be tried to find one that works.

Jeff Haynes

0 Kudos
McBru
Level 7

Jump to solution

Great, thanks for these details Jeff !

0 Kudos