Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
epo909
Level 9

Changing the Scan Name

Jump to solution

Hi all.

Its seems impossible to change the name of a FoundStone Scan.

I would like to know if this can be done by directly editing the proper database table.

Best Regards,

RD

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jhaynes
Level 12

Re: Changing the Scan Name

Jump to solution

Normally we discourage people from tinkering with their database but this is a pretty benign change. The scan configuration name is only found in the scan dbo.ScanConfigurations table.

The key is to make sure the ConfigurationName is unique. The only area I can think of that would be affected by this change is if you were generating asset reports based off of a scan name. Those templates would need to be updated.

Jeff Haynes

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jhaynes
Level 12

Jump to solution

Normally we discourage people from tinkering with their database but this is a pretty benign change. The scan configuration name is only found in the scan dbo.ScanConfigurations table.

The key is to make sure the ConfigurationName is unique. The only area I can think of that would be affected by this change is if you were generating asset reports based off of a scan name. Those templates would need to be updated.

Jeff Haynes

0 Kudos
FBarthel
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi

I always tell my customer to do it like that:

New scan --> select existing scan --> assign new name to the scan

After that, delete the old one.

This way is fully supported and works fine, but all the old content will be deleted.

Regards

Frank

0 Kudos