cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rrajaman
Level 9

Can I pull all vulnerability data related to a specific scan through the APIs?

Can I pull all vulnerability data related to a specific scan through the APIs?

I know we can pull specific vulnerability data but was not sure if we could grab all results

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
cgrim
Level 13

Re: Can I pull all vulnerability data related to a specific scan through the APIs?

Yes. Through calling GetVulns API user is able to get all vulnerability data related to a specific scan. The GetVulns API is one of the open APIs that are provided in FS Open API SDK.

0 Kudos
CIPHENT.com
Level 11

Re: Can I pull all vulnerability data related to a specific scan through the APIs?

Raj,

Don't forget, the easiest method for pulling raw technical data for a particular scan is to leverage the XML and CVS report types. Additionally, the Foundstone DB has an open schema in that it can be directly accessed outside of the API calls too. Just a couple different options. Hope this helps.

Team McAfee at Ciphent

experts@ciphent.com

0 Kudos
josepht
Level 7

Hi Team,

What is the advantage of using API over the DB data or XML/CSV reports? Does API interface allow more functionality than just just scan results?

Thanks

Joseph

0 Kudos
CIPHENT.com
Level 11

Absolutely, the API enables you to execute commands directly on the Foundstone boxes. For instance, you could create a script that authenticates to Foundstone via the API, launches a scan, then pulls the results back for analysis. The XML and CVS reports are great for pure data integration "post scan." The API is pretty technical and requires from programming or scripting experience. Have you worked with the FSL language yet?

Team McAfee at Ciphent

experts@ciphent.com

www.ciphent.com

0 Kudos
gearoid
Level 7

How do we get a hold of the SDK as an existing Foundstone/McAfee Vulnerability Manager customer?

Thanks,

Gearoid.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
CIPHENT.com
Level 11

You will need to get your valid grant number and request it through support but just as an fyi, there is an approval process that corresponds with the request based on your level of support.

Team McAfee at Ciphent

experts@ciphent.com

www.ciphent.com

0 Kudos