cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gearoid
Level 7

Adding a Foundstone Data Source - service was not installed or is not running?

Hi,

I'm trying to add a Foundstone data source and I receive a message saying "the service is either not installed or is not running" when I attempt to test the source. I am able to connect to the source Foundstone database with the credentials I have added to the data source configuration.

Is there a service that I need to start before I am able to add a data source successfully? The documentation does not contain anything for troubleshooting this.

Thanks in advance,

G.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
rjayakumar
Level 7

Hi,

Pls check whether 'Data Synchronization Service' is running. This can be checked in FCM under the system node where you have installed the DSS service. In case if its in 'Stop' state, pls 'Start' it and then do DSS task again

fcm.png

thanks

Rajesh

0 Kudos
gearoid
Level 7

Thanks Rajesh - is there anything I need to do after I install the service? I'm still receiving the same error message even after I have installed the service. Do I need to stop and start some other components before I can succesfully test a data source?

Regards,

G.

0 Kudos
rjayakumar
Level 7

Re: Adding a Foundstone Data Source - service was not installed or is not running?

Hi,

Pls check whether the DSS service is 'Running' in FCM and in 'Started' in Windows 'Services' console. When i tried to stop the service and tried to a DSS task in Enterpise Manager, I did get the same error message which you have mentioned but after starting the service in FCM, i was able to test the data source properly. Pls check.

Service-snap shot.PNG

thanks,

Rajesh

0 Kudos