cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
panthanpress
Level 7

where are scan logs?

When I run a full scan using virus scan version 13.3 (build 13.3.127), is a log created in a text file somewhere that I can e-mail to someone who is helping me solve a problem I've been having with a virus? I can click on view log in security center, but I cannot figure out how to send him the log of my scan.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

RE: where are scan logs?

The nearest to what you want would be in Security Center itself. Click Advanced Menu at bottom left then click Reports & Logs on the left. Those are read only and very brief.

There are no readable detailed logs that you can make any sense of. There are logs but only readable by McAfee technicians.

1. Download a tool from the following link:

http://download.mcafee.com/products/...hes/MCLOGs.exe

2. Double click on the MCLOG.exe. Uncheck "Open the default E-mail application" check box.
3. Click on the "Zip MCLOGS" button. The application will zip your log files. The archive will be created on your desktop.

This Archive will have all the logs therein.
0 Kudos
panthanpress
Level 7

thanks. I'll try that.
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

You're welcome. Can I close this or not?
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

I apologise, I've just been corrected. Logs used to be unreadable but apparently something has changed.

Try looking here: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\VirusScan\Logs

(Enable View Hidden Files & Folders in Windows Explorer)

Thank goodness a McAfee Technician corrected me in time.
0 Kudos
panthanpress
Level 7

That hidden file was what I needed. Thanks. There should be an option in security center to save a log of the scan after you run it.
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

You wont believe how many years we've been asking for that, plus to be able to copy and paste from the Security Center...but then, you probably would believe it.Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
panthanpress
Level 7

Yes, I believe it. I thought I was going crazy trying to find that. Anyway, thanks for your help and feel free to close thread.
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

OK, good luck!
0 Kudos