cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
genazz
Level 7

when I get a notice to run a scan, it always keeps spinning and flashin "75% complete" indefinitely

when I get a notice (as a ! w/macfee logo), and click to "scan," the scan pops up "67% complete," or "75% complete, ' and keeps saying that indefinitely--it never reaches "scan complete"--is this a scam/phishing bug--each time I have to click cancel to stop it--what's going on?..when I click on my MacAfee Live Safe, all boxes are "Green,' I.E., ok@@

0 Kudos
1 Reply
exbrit
Level 21

Re: when I get a notice to run a scan, it always keeps spinning and flashin "75% complete" indefinitely

Moved this to VirusScan as it seems to be about that.  2 possibilities here:

1.  You may have inadvertently installed an optional piece of software called McAfee Security Scan Plus - it comes as an optional extra with such things as Adobe Reader, Flash etc.   it can be removed through Control Panel/Programs and Features.

2.  You have a scheduled scan setuop in your antivirus and it's getting stuck and there are 2 things that can be done.

The first is to read this FAQ.  The second is that a scan can trip up if your hard drive/SSD has drive-read errors on it so you need to do a chkdsk /r - if you don't know how tell me what Operating System this is please and I'll post a tutorial.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

0 Kudos