Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ddevil
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

mcagent.exe application error

Jump to solution

Pls advice as since my last update by mcafee i am getting this error " mcagent.exe - Application Error. The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000009a). Click OK to close the application." I am using Mcafee Anti Virus Plus since november 2011. My laptop is Lenovo G460 with windows 7 and core i3. Though i can access net and also other applications on the laptop are working properly as usual.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: mcagent.exe application error

Jump to solution

Try running the Virtual Technician to see if it will fix whatever it is:  http://mvt.mcafee.com/

If not then try a complete uninstall via Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program

Run the MCPR cleanup tool listed under Useful Links at the top of the page and reboot.

Install the software again from your online account.

If it happens again I would contact Technical Support - it's a free phone call or online chat and also linked under Useful Links.

Last thought, if you are using registry cleaners/optimizers, don't.   This is the sort of thing they cause.

5 Replies
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Try running the Virtual Technician to see if it will fix whatever it is:  http://mvt.mcafee.com/

If not then try a complete uninstall via Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program

Run the MCPR cleanup tool listed under Useful Links at the top of the page and reboot.

Install the software again from your online account.

If it happens again I would contact Technical Support - it's a free phone call or online chat and also linked under Useful Links.

Last thought, if you are using registry cleaners/optimizers, don't.   This is the sort of thing they cause.

ddevil
Level 7
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi Peter thanx for the advice..i followed the steps of uninstalling and reinstalling from online account as suggested by you and it worked..Smiley Happy..thank you!!

Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Glad you  are OK.  Have a good weekend. ;-)

Jump to solution

There is no need of complete installation. McAffee has now provided solution to this problem. Please follow the link - http://service.mcafee.com/faq/TS101446.htm

Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

TS101446 is designed to fix a problem created by a bad update mid-August.  This thread was for an issue back in July.