cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
buster02
Level 7

iTunes problem is back...

After about 3 weeks of trouble-free working, iTunes has now again started asking me to accept Ts & Cs again and loses all my preference details so that my Apple devices are no longer recognised over my wifi. Is this a general problem again? I thought it had been fixed.

0 Kudos
27 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: iTunes problem is back...

I haven't seen that here, yet.   Does the problem persist after a reboot once you've set it up OK?   I've known iTunes ask for credentials if the software has updated, or iOS has updated or even if I've simply cleared cookies.  I'll keep an eye on mine meanwhile you should open a new case with Technical Support if it persists after a reboot.

0 Kudos
buster02
Level 7

Yes it occurs after reboot.

iTunes has not been updated recently and is current at v11.1.3.8

0 Kudos

Hi buster02,

Please post back the Version details of McAfee installed and Itunes for proceeding further...!

Regards

Tier 2.5 Technician
0 Kudos
buster02
Level 7

McAfee details as follows:

SecurityCenter v 12.8 Build 12.8.856

AV Engine 1750

iTunes v11.1.3.8

Do you need any more details, Sylvan?

0 Kudos

Hi buster02,

Do have a McAfee Subscription that was purchased through Dell??

I will test this on my PC and will post back the findings In the mean time can you try to push a Manual update by following the below steps

> Boot windows into SafeMode with Networking

> Wait for 2-3mins and Open McAfee UI > Click on General Settings and Alerts > Access Protection > Uncheck the check box and click Save.

> Select McAfee Updates tile in the Home UI window

> Check for Updates and wait for it to Download and Install

> After update restart Windows in Normal Mode and check if Issue's resolved..

Tier 2.5 Technician
0 Kudos
buster02
Level 7

I did originally purchase through Dell but I have since renewed a bumber of times - why do you ask? The current laptop is a Samsung.

Which update levels am I looking for ? Auto-update is working fine for me as far as I know.

0 Kudos
buster02
Level 7

After following your suggested steps, should I re-check the 'Access Protection' box ? What is the reasoning behind this advice?

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Yes once you have updated and returned to normal mode restore the access protection setting. Sometime having the access protection enabled can hinder manual updates. Access protection protects the Mcafee core files from change.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

A user over at the Apple iTunes Forum has just reported that the iTunesprefs.xml file is being deleted and they don't even have McAfee installed...which begs the question, is there a deeper issue here?    I'm just passing this on, not trying to make any excuses.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/24284954?ac_cid=tw123456#24284954

0 Kudos