cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i add items to trusted list in mcafee??

hi

i am new to this forum . i have mcafee installed with a validation period of 15months in my new dell laptop. i had encountered a problem with it recently. mcafee is quarantining fifa14v3.exe file every time i run the application or opening it. so i have to manually disable it and restore it inorder to play the game. when i want to send for validation it is showing."The item is too large to be sent to mcafee" so how can i validate it under trusted list...

sorry for my bad english....

Thanking you

cheers

K.H.B

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: how can i add items to trusted list in mcafee??

You cannot put it in a trusted list Mcafee alone does this and only for PUPs or Potenially unwanted programs where it gives you the option. This detection I assume is not a pup so till Mcafee adds exceprions to their real time scanner (this is coming hopefully in2014 the only fix is to submit the file. What size is it?

I might be able to get a lab tech to help you but I need teh size to think about how to get it to him.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Community Interface usn't for product help, I have moved this to VirusScan for filing.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 16/01/14 11:16:19 EST AM
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Can you please check if fifav14.exe is a legitimate file? I guess this is a crack and normally such files are malicious. That might be the reason why the file is quarantined by McAfee.

0 Kudos