cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nupnag
Level 7

have mcafee virusScan Plus 2009 cd but computer cant find it

I have the mcafee virusScan plus 2009 and iv tried to load it into my computer i see the cd simble come up on the screen but that's it

when i go into my start and search for it, it cant be found i can hear it spining around but on joy..

What am i doing that i should be doing

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Dinz
Level 16

Re: have mcafee virusScan Plus 2009 cd but computer cant find it

Hi,

Click start - my computer and check whether you see the red M icon for the auto install ?

Could you please specify what type of internet connection you use ?

Regards,

Dinesh K

0 Kudos
nupnag
Level 7

im thinking it mite be that iv got AVG (the free one) on my computer but i was told never remove it untill iv got the new one inplace could that be my prob

i cheeked the start/computer and there was no red M in there

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Ok,

Now to check in the alternate perspective , try to put in some other cd  into the drive and check whether its detectable.

Also try to put in the mcafee cd in a different computer and check the status , by which we would be able to determine whether its a defect with the cd or the drive ??

Regards,

Dinesh K

0 Kudos
nupnag
Level 7

ok iv tryed it in my pc in work and it works so it must be my laptop that is not letting it work any thughs on what i could next....

0 Kudos
nupnag
Level 7

sorry 4got to add that cd and dvd's work in my lap-top but not the mcafee cd ??? cheeked my cd drivers and they where up to date ???

0 Kudos
nupnag
Level 7

i use meteor plug in..

0 Kudos