cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

failed virus scan

What needs to be done for this horrible error. I ended up messing with my laptop settings and finally had to uninstall webadvisor to move ahead. Even after paying the hefty amount of money for the protection, i had to remove the protection because of this error. Can you advise what needs to be done for this issue?

5 Replies
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: failed virus scan

Hi @AjayKedia 

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused as it was related to McAfee Web Advisor corrupted files. Please follow the steps below and update us the outcome. 

1. Uninstall McAfee Web Advisor from control panel. 

2. Delete all McAfee Web Advisor folder in  C:/Program files/ Program FilesX86/ Program Data

3. Restart the PC 

Thanks,

Thanks Magesh,

Please find status below in bold.

1. Uninstall McAfee Web Advisor from control panel. --> Done

2. Delete all McAfee Web Advisor folder in  C:/Program files/ Program FilesX86/ Program Data--> Path not found

3. Restart the PC 

Is uninstallation the ultimate resolution? Do we need to install it back? If installed back, will it start causing the same issue? If not installed back, then this protection will not be there? Please clarify.

Thanks

Any answers please?

Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 6

Hi @AjayKedia 

Ensure you delete all old McAfee Web Advisor files from C: Drive and restart the PC. By re installing the Web Advisor the issue will be addressed and resolved. Please let us know the out come if you still facing issues

Thanks,

@Magesh  - The C drive path you mentioned does not exist. Please advise if there is any alternate path from where to delelte the old files. How can i re-install it back after deletion?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community