cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
poodles5
Level 7

cannot get automatic scanning to work

Yesterday  re installed and I cannot get automatic scan to work, I want a daily scan at 8 am, did not come on and run, tried changing time 3 times, still no go- running xp , sp3-

0 Kudos
12 Replies
BalaSGS
Level 7

Re: cannot get automatic scanning to work

Hi,

Can you please check if the McAfee is up to date? If not just open the McAfee security center and click on update. Check if we can schedule a scan. If not, let us know the version of DAT installed in the machine.[Open My Computer and navigate to C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan\DAT]

0 Kudos
poodles5
Level 7

DAT version 5959.0- ran manual scan was ok, even ran virtual tech- no problems

0 Kudos
BalaSGS
Level 7

Great,

Please monitor you product for couple of days and update us on the status.

0 Kudos
poodles5
Level 7

This morning my scheduled 7am scan ran perfectly. So happy, hope it continues, is there a way to show scanning on screen when it begins? Thanks for your support- poodles5- like the new format-

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Hi ,

May I know what is the operating system in the computer
Also , do you have any other security software in the computer ?

Regards,
Dinesh K

0 Kudos
poodles5
Level 7

running windows xp media center, sp 3- security program extra AppRanger 2.2.1.1 and also WinPatrol Plus, everything running ok until I downloaded new version from site yesterday.

0 Kudos
poodles5
Level 7

Data file 5959.0   everything is up to date- ran manual scan- no problems, even had virtual tech check me-

0 Kudos
morgata
Level 7

I am having a similar problem but I am running Windows Vista and my scan continues to shutdown stating I am not protected. This has been going on for three weeks now. I removed and reinstalled McAfee and nothing is working. I looked at the dat file and it states 5960 so I am at a loss. There is instructions on how to fix Windows XP but nothing for my system. Is there anyone having this issue?

0 Kudos
poodles5
Level 7

Try what I did yesterday , re install entire  Total protection-at least that way you will update your data file, I can run a total manual scan and I am up to date until they fix this clitch-

0 Kudos