I am getting a windows virus alert, as attached, probably because of some trojan attack. Though i am not noticing any change in my PC's performance, such frequent pop-ups are extremely irritating. I have also run a full pc scan which quarantined some items however the pop-up wouldn't budge. Any suggestions? Do i have to turn off the windows defender? Is it advisable to do so?
This seems to a bogus, a malware trying to copy itself into the system. Try running the stinger tool ; a tool to assist you in dealing with an infected computer.
1. Download the Stinger tool from the link below:
2. Double-click Stinger and select Preferences.
3. Enable the Report Applications option.
4. Click OK.
5. Click Scan Now and allow the scan to complete.
NOTE: During the scan, you may receive a clean error during on certain .cab files. Ignore the error and allow the scan to complete. The files will be removed when the system is restarted.
6. Restart your computer.
7. Run Stinger again using the steps above.