cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jayjay_24
Level 7

Why the McAfee AntiVirus Plus 2013 is Blocking Online Games?

Hello McAfee Team:

I have another problem. Why the McAfee Antivirus Plus is blocking Online games like Crossfire,Assault Fire. The antivirus plus will be automatically deleted that games then it said it is a ''Trojan'' But before i almost playing this game for 3 years i have no problem. But when i started install this Antivirus Plus 2013. It blocks and erase automatically my Online games: Crossfire,Assault Fire. Etc. Please Help me regarding in my problem.

-Jayson

0 Kudos
7 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Why the McAfee AntiVirus Plus 2013 is Blocking Online Games?

This sometimes can happen if a game upgrades/updates and they haven't properly cleared it with the major antivirus makers at the Corporate level.

False positives can be appealed and there is a way of doing it outlined here:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

Also make sure any game functions have permission in Firewall settings.   (Open SecurityCenter > Web and Email Protection > Firewall > Internet Connections for Programs).

0 Kudos
jayjay_24
Level 7

Hello Again;

I've tried so many times this one but i cannot see my game because it is blocked by antivirus-(Open SecurityCenter > Web and Email Protection > Firewall > Internet Connections for Programs).

Also additional question. I try to download a game from a trusted website but after i download it. It blocked by antivirus again and it is said it is a: ''Trojan'' but one of my friend playing the game for many years.

-Jayson

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Send the file off to Mcafee as Peter suggested That and any other files you are having issues with. You will/may have to disable real time scanning till you email the file otherwise it will be redetected.

0 Kudos
jayjay_24
Level 7

Ok thank you.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Good luck.  Let us know how it goes.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jayson Romeroso wrote:

Hello Again;

I've tried so many times this one but i cannot see my game because it is blocked by antivirus-(Open SecurityCenter > Web and Email Protection > Firewall > Internet Connections for Programs).

Also additional question. I try to download a game from a trusted website but after i download it. It blocked by antivirus again and it is said it is a: ''Trojan'' but one of my friend playing the game for many years.

-Jayson

You stated:

because it is blocked by antivirus-(Open SecurityCenter > Web and Email Protection > Firewall > Internet Connections for Programs).

If that's the case use the Edit button there to allow full access.

0 Kudos
jayjay_24
Level 7

Ok thank you. I will try it,

0 Kudos