Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lz1234
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 15

Re: Why does VirusScan Disable itself?

I just had same problem last nignt. My laptop has Win 7 x64 running. I just fninished a call with McAfee rep. The lady with heavy accent only cared about money and she said every call was $9. She did not even try to understand what issue I was having.

My McAfee version is acctually 2010, which I bought last December. I don't know how the lady figured out that I need to pay for the call.

This is B*S!

Message was edited by: lz1234 on 2/9/10 10:34:55 AM CST

Message was edited by: lz1234 on 2/9/10 10:35:38 AM CST

I've had the same problem for four months. Reistalled countless times, run virtual technician loads of times that says fixed one, one process not running.

I have paid for the premium help service but it still happened and spent a couple of hours watching the remote help but still no success.

Never know whether protected or not...Perhaps we should all contact the gadget show as there is nothing like bad publicity to get a problem sorted!

Paid for a year so stuck with it for now but it is driving me mad....AVG here we come!!!!

Message was edited by: rod_hillier on 13/02/10 17:51:52 CST

You know, McAfee knows about this problem and has for a long time.  Yet they dont seem to care that their customers are having this problem.  I finally uninstalled mine and tried Microsoft Security Essentials.  It's free and it seems to be keeping my machine happy!  As an extra little bonus, it even runs faster than McAfee did for me.  I have no need for McAfee anymore, but I'll be happy to put that $70 somewhere else in my pile o' bills!

Like you I have finally had enough. After virusscan disabled at leat ten times in one evening I attempted one last re-install. It tried to install the version before the one I had paid for so I stopped and am trying AVG instead. So far that has not disabled once and one small problem I found they replied to my question within minutes.

I was a McAfee customer for at least 10 years and feel really let down that they don't care enough to sort this problem out. Just have to make sure now that I don't get any future upgrade money taken.

I have the same issue as a lot of people

Viruscan is not installed and despite several reinstallation of the recently renewed license, it never installs viruscan.

What is the operating system in the computer ? Vista 32

What is the internet connection we use ? FIOS Verizon 25Mb / MSE or Chrome

Do we have any other third party software in the computer ? Windows Defender

Did we make any recent change for the computer ? no

I ran virtual technician and the log is in session ID 24486488

Could yo please tell me how to proceed ?
Thank you.

Ce message a été modifié par: steph94 on 28/02/10 18:11:10 CST

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community