cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hopeless1
Level 9

What happened to Dat 6682?

Jump to solution

I have anti virus plus 2012 installed. I am using windows XP service pack 3.  yesterday 4/16/12,  I was expecting to receive Dat 6682.  I finally used the manual method "check for updates" and received a message saying it was up to date. When I checked "about"  It showed 4/15/12 Dat 6681. This morning automatic update came on and downloaded Dat 6683 4/17/12.

What happened to Dat 6682?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
Level 21

Re: What happened to Dat 6682?

Jump to solution

It was probably withdrawn for whatever reason, they don't tell us why.   I had exactly the same happen here.

I can only surmise that something was discovered to be wrong with it and it was withheld from distribution.

I've seen it happen fairly often.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

It was probably withdrawn for whatever reason, they don't tell us why.   I had exactly the same happen here.

I can only surmise that something was discovered to be wrong with it and it was withheld from distribution.

I've seen it happen fairly often.

0 Kudos
hopeless1
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thank you. I've been more paranoid than normal this year. Your answers are always reasurring.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

A perfectly natural way to be these days....!  ;-)

0 Kudos
mattf37
Level 7

Jump to solution

I wish it had been held back. 6682 was released faulty and killed Groupshield amongst others resulting in the server creating over 50GB of crash dumps leaving the C: drive with little over 3GB!

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

I believe it was released to the Enterprise customers before the problem surfaced and was subsequently skipped on the Consumer side.  So we have that to be thankful for I suppose.

0 Kudos
fichaelmigg
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hope,

6682 was deleted my Mcafee because it crashed email servers.  There are some other website posts about the same issues.  Thanks,

Regards,

Fichael

0 Kudos