cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Vista antispyware 2012

I have Mcaffee virus protection installed, running, and up to date.  I woke up this morning and I am getting these bogus dialog boxes saying that Vista antispyware 2012 has detected all these various threats...click here to remove or register, etc.  Of course, I recognize this as a bogus spyware in itself.  However, it keeps popping up every 5 minutes or so.  My McAffee is not catching and removing it.  What do it do?

2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 14
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Vista antispyware 2012

You are correct in recognizing this is bogus antispyware. I would suggest you follow the recommendations in this document and let us know if these suggestions rid you of this nuisance.

Highlighted

Re: Vista antispyware 2012

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community