cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smb2782
Level 7

VirusScan stopping at 99%

I have a problem with VirusScan stopping at 99% and failing to complete a scan. I am using the workaround TS102052 but have to apply it on each full on-demand scan (the type of scan I use most). This is not ideal, it should be possible to run a scan without having to go through other procedures and this is a long-standing issue, I have been using the patch since May and had the problem for 6 months or so before that!

As this is a known issue, is there a permanent solution on the way maybe in the 2015 release?

I am running a Windows 7 64 bit PC

Anti Virus & Spyware Version 17.6

Build 17.6.394

Last update 9/11/14

Engine version 2067.0

Engine creation date 8/11/14

Have performed various reinstalls for Internet Security 2013 & 2014, hardware has been checked with a Dell diagnostic utility and Virtual Technician has been run, everything seems fine and is up to date.

Not particularly happy, can you help please?

Thanks

0 Kudos
15 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: VirusScan stopping at 99%

Assuming Windows 7 SP1 make sure that IE11 is installed, even if you never use it, the McAfee GUI does.

I would open a case with Technical Support if that TS hasn't helped permanently.   Link below.   Ask for escalation if their first attempt is not successful.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

0 Kudos
smb2782
Level 7

Thanks for reply, will do some checks but sure I'm running IE11.

Is the TS supposed to be a one-off fix or is it supposed to be applied to each scan? I've seen other posts asking the same question but haven't managed to find an answer!

Is a permanent solution going to be issued, the TS does specify that McAfee is "working toward a solution"? I have about 3 months left on my subscription and am thoroughly fed up with scans sticking on a regular basis unless I perform the steps in the TS. Incidentally, the only response to right clicking the tool icon is a flash of a black box, not sure if this is what is supposed to happen?

Still not happy but thanks for prompt response.

Regards

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

VirusScan stops scanning at 98% or 99% complete

That's supposed to be a permanent fix.  However if the thing only flashed briefly when you clicked it I suspect you didn't right-click and "Run as Administrator" as instructed.

0 Kudos
smb2782
Level 7

Definitely followed the instructions to the letter. Why does the TS refer to a 'workaround' if the procedure is meant to be a permanent fix? I thought a workaround was a temporary solution?? The TS is clear - use this workaround "until this issue is resolved".

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

It means it is a workaround until the fix comes down the pipe as a major update.  I would open a case with Technical Support.

0 Kudos
smb2782
Level 7

There is a lot of uncertainty about if and when this issue will be resolved, I have a paid subscription and am not happy but will see what Technical Support can do.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

I tend to agree with your but have no idea when the fix is due out.   It should be soon.  Meanwhile just do quick scans or like me none at all - real-time protection is still active after all.

0 Kudos

Re: Re: VirusScan stopping at 99%

Please let know the (Security Center  12.8.xxx or 13.6.xxx) version of Product Suite that you have installed on your PC. This will help us identify if the fix has been incorporated in you Product build.

Also confirm whether you have purchased McAfee as part of BT.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

No problems here with (Hanging)

MSC-13.6.1367

Virus Scan- 17.6.481

This being as I tested Quick Scan/On Demand Scan/Observed Sheduled Scan.

Running Windows 7 Service Pack 1

All proceeded and completed with no more than (2) minutes of hesitation, before completing.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos