cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jerard_q.
Level 7

VirusScan & other stuff not functioning...

I just realized it recently, and I'm not as protected as I would have expected. Which is strange as this never happened to me before. It was like one day that I realized.

After realizing my Virus Scan is "disabled" with VSO errors, and tried hard to fix it. I opted to reinstal it.

Now, it won't work at all, and doesn't want to install itself.

Did the Virtual Technician, didn't fix everything.

I attached a file down below from the MVT diagnosis. Hope this helps a lot.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: VirusScan & other stuff not functioning...

From your MVT report it appears not only is nothing functioning correctly but it appears you have two instances of Online Backup. however, that could be an error.

Assuming that Windows is up to date and that you have no infection I think the best thing for you to do in this case is contact  Technical Support directly/

It's free by phone or online chat and linked inder Useful Links at the top of this page.

0 Kudos
jerard_q.
Level 7

Thanks, although I'm from the Philippines and Phone is the only option available (which would entail some long distance calling). Aren't there any chat/email options for our country?

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

See the Philippines entry in the Asia/Pacific (APAC) section here:  http://service.mcafee.com/faq/country.html  You'll see a toll-free number which should apply anywhere in the Philippines or click the Technical Support link above and use the online chat option.

I don't recommend using email, if it's offered, as it's by far the slowest way of obtaining support in this kind of situation.

0 Kudos
jerard_q.
Level 7

no Chat option, unfortunately (my phone's long distance option id disabled atm). Would it work if I try to use the MCPR, then install from the CD & then the site?

Message was edited by: jerard_q. on 10/21/13 7:44:03 PM CDT
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Best not use the CD but your online account and I would try to uninstall first via Control Panel > Programs as that will decrement your account in the proper manner, then use MCPR, reboot and instalol froim the online account.

That way you get the latest version.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 21/10/13 8:48:28 EDT PM
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

You may be offered Chat at a different hour, not sure about that.

0 Kudos
jerard_q.
Level 7

I'll try that option (the MCPR), I have to go offline to work soon. Thanks. Just as long as the issue isn't virus related, then I'm good.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

OK, good luck.   Wait until you are online to install, I do not recommend using a CD as they are ages old even if bought recently.  It will require an online connection anyway.

0 Kudos