Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Faeamy
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

VirusScan only scans one file

When my virus scanner runs it only scans one file and then says, "Custom Scan is done We didn't find any issues on your PC. No action needed." I need it to scan the entire computer, not just one file but I cannot find any setting anywhere to set that up. I have McAfee All Access - Total Protection and the VirusScan is version 22.5.

Please advise.

1 Reply
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: VirusScan only scans one file

In custom scan open explorer and right click on say C drive. Should scan all C drive. Do same for This PC and I assume should do all drives.  Will not do network though will if you select same and select scan. At least this what I think is the way it works.

I tried this and it is scanning C drive fine so I assume will do others after C finished.  Cannot wait and watch have other things on sorry.

For several items select items holding down the ctl key

Alternative choose full scan it does all files that can be virus carriers. as well.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community