cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

Virus scan failed error while downloading file...

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am unable to download any files looks like McAfee is blocking the downloads.  The error I am getting is - "Failed - Virus scan Failed".  Appreciate if somebody could help me resolve this.

Thanks

Vinod.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Virus scan failed error while downloading file...

Jump to solution

If anyone else faces this issue, don't bother with Windows Attachment settings as these are not the problem, and neither is Chrome (as I've seen surmised elsewhere). It was corruption in files that required McAfee Support to do a complete removal using its special tools followed by a reinstallation. It took a good hour if not longer with tech support to remove all the traces and reinstall. Don't bother with back and forth here or try to do it yourself. Get the live support, since you're paying for it!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @vinodm 

Please let us know the name and version of McAfee installed in your computer.

Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

I have the same problem - need to figure out the settings to be able to download simple pdf attachments within chrome from my email.  Also when I have a software update downloading it won't allow some of these updates - primarily adobe. 

I'm running the following:

Total Protection, Version 16.0.  Release Name 16.0 R24

Components:

McAfee SecurityCenter

V. 18.4, build 18.4.139 last updated 3.8.20

Highlighted

Jump to solution

McAfee Internet Security version:16.0 release name: 16.0 R24 

McAfee SecurityCenter version:18.4 Build: 18.4.139

McAfee VirusScan version: 23.0 Build:23.0.139

McAfee Anti-spam version: 19.4 Build: 19.4.142

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I am also having the same problem. Perhaps an important element is that it *only* appears to be blocking downloads of course materials from my university's course management system, but I am able to download materials from elsewhere without difficulty.

McAfee Total Protection v16.0 release 16.0 R26

McAfee SecurityCenter build 18.6.164

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @vinodm 

Please make sure McAfee updates are upto date. If still issue persists, Please reinstall McAfee and check the issue.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

If anyone else faces this issue, don't bother with Windows Attachment settings as these are not the problem, and neither is Chrome (as I've seen surmised elsewhere). It was corruption in files that required McAfee Support to do a complete removal using its special tools followed by a reinstallation. It took a good hour if not longer with tech support to remove all the traces and reinstall. Don't bother with back and forth here or try to do it yourself. Get the live support, since you're paying for it!

View solution in original post

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community