I am still unable to download files, error reads Failed-Virus scan failed.
The solution advises this problem has been solved by an update but my updates are up to date and I still have this issue.
Can someone please help!
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused as it was related to McAfee Web Advisor corrupted files.
Please follow the below steps to uninstall & reinstall McAfee Web-Advisor and the issue will get sorted out.
1. Uninstall McAfee Web Advisor from control panel and also remove the web advisor extension from all the web browsers.
2. Delete the McAfee Web Advisor folder in C:/Program files/ Program FilesX86/ Program Data
3. Restart the PC
4. Install McAfee WebAdvisor
5. After installing, open Chrome, Firefox or Edge (which-ever browser you use)
6. It will prompt you to add the extension on the browser
7. The prompt will appear at top right
8. After enabling the extension, try to download files
9. It should work fine.
Please let me know the outcome or any further help needed.
After uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome and the full McAfee program I cannot see the extension in Chrome.
I see it in IE.
Can you advise please?
Due to the nature of this issue. We have replied to you in a private message. Kindly, check and respond to it.
6220 America Center Drive
San Jose, CA 95002 USA
Consumer Support | Enterprise Support | McAfee.com
Legal | Privacy | Copyright © 2020 McAfee, LLC