Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leeeeeeelo
Level 7

Trust quarantined item (Generic)

Jump to solution

Hello there,

I have read many threads about this, however they are all old (2011 and older). McAfee is detecting a file as Generic (Trojan), however I would like McAfee to trust this file but I cannot find how. It seems like (based on what I read) I cannot do this (at least in the Home edition). I also read that I can send a resquest to McAfee by mail in order to trust this file, however I read that this applies for Artemis detections (however in my case it is Generic).

How can I make McAfee to trust my file and stop deleting it ?

Best Regards,

Leeeeeeelo.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Trust quarantined item (Generic)

Jump to solution

Trusting only works for something identified as a PUP -  Possibly Unwanted Program.  It used to work for anything and believe me, we Moderators have asked for that to be reintroduced, but no luck yet.

Until then read here:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

0 Kudos
4 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Trusting only works for something identified as a PUP -  Possibly Unwanted Program.  It used to work for anything and believe me, we Moderators have asked for that to be reintroduced, but no luck yet.

Until then read here:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

0 Kudos
Leeeeeeelo
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you Ex_Brit for your prompt reply !

Well I have read this thread, but it is indicated that :

Ex_Brit wrote:

This applies whether it is detected as malware or given the generic title 'Artemis'.

So does it apply also for my case ? (Since the generic title is : Generic, and not Artemis)

Message was edited by: Leeeeeeelo on 8/6/12 5:36:34 AM GMT+02:00
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

It's detected as malware or Artemis.   Malware in this case so yes.  You need to follow the steps there.

0 Kudos
Leeeeeeelo
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you for your help and time Ex_Brit !

I will follow the steps listed in that thread.

Best regards !

0 Kudos