Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boeh
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Trojan not found with McAfee!

Hi All

The following trojan wasn't found with McAfee, it was on an external harddisc. I use the latest Updates:

F:\getdataback\Rest\Programme\AskSBar\bar\1.bin\A2HIGHIN.EXE (Trojan.Agent)

It also did not found this Adware:

F:\getdataback\Rest\Programme\AskSBar\bar\1.bin\A2PLUGIN.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch)

This  is quite scary for me...I pay enough for me licences at all and would  feel saver, if this Trojan is getting affiliated by McAfee. I hope this  is the right place to suggest.

The following regkeys  were also not found as suspect. For me this isn't really scary, i turned  them off anyway on my system partition. Maybe they are not found  because the partition isn't a system Partition...or they were excluded  because they are not really dangerous...but at all, those turned off  regkeys might be a sign vor malware.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter)

Best regards,

Johnny

2 Replies

Re: Trojan not found with McAfee!

No antivirus, no matter what the brand, will catch everything out there.   Also it's just possible that those detections could be false.

There is a submission process where you can send in samples for analysis: https://www.webimmune.net/default.asp

Follow the instructions carefully.

on 04/03/11 8:22:40 EST PM

Trojan not found with McAfee!

now after 5 moths it should detect the Virus xexe

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community