cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boeh
Level 7

Trojan not found with McAfee!

Hi All

The following trojan wasn't found with McAfee, it was on an external harddisc. I use the latest Updates:

F:\getdataback\Rest\Programme\AskSBar\bar\1.bin\A2HIGHIN.EXE (Trojan.Agent)

It also did not found this Adware:

F:\getdataback\Rest\Programme\AskSBar\bar\1.bin\A2PLUGIN.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch)

This  is quite scary for me...I pay enough for me licences at all and would  feel saver, if this Trojan is getting affiliated by McAfee. I hope this  is the right place to suggest.

The following regkeys  were also not found as suspect. For me this isn't really scary, i turned  them off anyway on my system partition. Maybe they are not found  because the partition isn't a system Partition...or they were excluded  because they are not really dangerous...but at all, those turned off  regkeys might be a sign vor malware.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter)

Best regards,

Johnny

0 Kudos
2 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Trojan not found with McAfee!

No antivirus, no matter what the brand, will catch everything out there.   Also it's just possible that those detections could be false.

There is a submission process where you can send in samples for analysis: https://www.webimmune.net/default.asp

Follow the instructions carefully.

on 04/03/11 8:22:40 EST PM
0 Kudos
alexander_h
Level 12

Trojan not found with McAfee!

now after 5 moths it should detect the Virus xexe

0 Kudos