cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TOTAL PROTECTION SLOWS QUICKBOOKS

TOTAL PROTECTION 2011 IS SLOWING DOWN MY QUICKBOOKS 2009 PRO, AND ALL I CAN FIGURE IS THAT THE REALTIME SCANNING IS CHECKING ALL THE INFORMATION ON THE PROGRAM. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO MAKE AN EXCEPTION IN REALTIME SCANNING SO THAT IT DOESNT DO THIS. BY THE WAY, I JUST BOUGHT NEW CPU TO FIX THIS PROBLEM FROM OUR OLD CPU AND STILL SEEMS TO BE AN ISSUE. I JUST THOUGHT THAT THE OLD CPU WAS HAVING PROCESSING ISSUES DUE TO HIGH USAGE PROGRAMS SUCH AS QB AND MCAFEE. NOT THE CASE. TRUST ME NO VIRUSES. I AM SURE OF THAT

Message was edited by: partsonwheels on 6/22/11 9:42:21 PM CDT
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: TOTAL PROTECTION SLOWS QUICKBOOKS

No way to exclude real time scanning. there are in scheduled and custom scans but not in RTS.  How much ram have you installed and what cpu?

Please do not post in caps it is bad net practice as it is considered shouting.

0 Kudos

Sorry about the CAPS im not a tech junkie so not aware of lingo with all caps and i will post somewhere else

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Moved this to VirusScan in Consumer Products for better attention.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

I see that you already posted again so maybe it's best we go with that one, located here: https://community.mcafee.com/thread/36794?tstart=0

Locking this one.

0 Kudos
brentil
Level 12

This is also the ServicePortal Site Design section, you would get better results to post your question in an area that relates to this topic as well.

0 Kudos