cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fourpaws10
Level 7

Stuck at Scanning at 99% and it won't stop scanning....

Jump to solution

I am having problem with my Mcafee scanning for Rootkit @ 99% completion but it won't stop scanning.  I had tried pressing the cancel button and nothing happens.  I have shut down my computer and I still see this in scanning mode.  It has been in scanning mode for the last couple of days.  No rebooting is not stopping it.  Each time I turn on my notebook I notice that the scanning is still running. I have a note book HP Pavilion Touch Smart 11 with 8.1 windows.  Any suggestions on how to get this scanning to stop?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: Stuck at Scanning at 99% and it won't stop scanning....

Jump to solution

This is a known issue, Please try the following Workaround and post back your results:

VirusScan stops scanning at 98% or 99% complete

If you feel their are any additional issue, you can run the MVT Tool to see if it detects anything:

http://mvt.mcafee.com/mvt/en-us/downloadindex.html

In addition, should you feel the need to contact Technical Support (Free):

All the very best,

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
5 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

This is a known issue, Please try the following Workaround and post back your results:

VirusScan stops scanning at 98% or 99% complete

If you feel their are any additional issue, you can run the MVT Tool to see if it detects anything:

http://mvt.mcafee.com/mvt/en-us/downloadindex.html

In addition, should you feel the need to contact Technical Support (Free):

All the very best,

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
fourpaws10
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks so much for your help, that patch really did the trick.  I gone back through to do another scanned and it did end at 100% but it seems to take a little bit longer before the scanning stop and note as complete.  by the way, I am use to Norton community site that it took me awhile in figuring out how to use this site.  Appreacated you being patient with me during all this.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Hi ,

Glad that all is okay now.   Also glad to see you are in the (McAfee) Communities. We have just recently upgraded our Forum Version, and even for us on occasion can be cumbersome. Having said that, bugs are being worked out.

Here is a Link with some Superb Free Tools that you may find useful for future needs:

I felt compelled to add, that actually our (Forum Tech Tier 2.5) Selvan, is the one whom furnished us with that particular workaround.

Wishing you all the very best,

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

This appears to have been continued here: 

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Anyone with a similar issue please start a new discussion in this section and keep the headline short please !

Peter

0 Kudos